This course is intended for staff members with an advisory, coordinating or executive role regarding Health & Safety
The high safety expert training program consists of four parts. The first part addresses the subjects: laws and regulations, safety engineering and occupational hygiene. The second part addresses the subjects: fire safety, ergonomics and physical strain. The third part addresses the subjects risk assessment and presentation techniques. The fourth and last part addresses the subjects: accident registration and the use of management registration techniques. Every part of the training program will be concluded with practical and/or research assignments.
Training of secondary safety is vocational education and training “+” level
This training stands out because of:
- the practical orientation
- the training programs at company sites
- the strong focus on communication and advisory skills in all modules
- the student group that enables you to learn from each other for example by intervision
- the varied composition of highly skilled teachers
- the up to date knowledge of the teachers and the course materials
Theory and Practice
This course has been carefully balanced between practice and theory, with the emphasis on practice, such as a great variety of practical situations and realistic case studies in the daily routine as well as several accident simulations and role playing games. The simulations invite the participants to surpass their expectations of their own abilities as a member of a crisis team.
- Recognize bottlenecks in working conditions, safety, health and welfare
- Translate current legislation into advice, guidelines and rules of your own organization
- Communicate advices and opinions clearly and concisely
- Informing and educating of diverse groups within your organization about working conditions, safety, health and welfare.
The study effort is 176 hours, spread over 92 contact hours (13 days) and 84 hours of home study.
The training program is certified. Participants who pass the examination receive a diploma with the hallmark of the Ministry of Labor, Technological Development and Environment. They will be registered in the register High Security Physicists Suriname Ministry ATM.
The examination consists of a written test of multiple choice questions and an oral test, where each participant presents and defends his or her thesis.
Participants with a diploma will be registered in the register High Security Physicists Suriname Ministry ATM. The registration lasts for two years and can be continued after the participant has attended a compulsory refreshment training (lasting one day).
The level of this course is comparable with vocational education and training “+” level.
On request, a curriculum can be sent.
Number of participants
The minimum number of participants is 10 and the maximum number is 15.